How do I create AniAniWeb accounts?
Let's say you downloaded Swiki and AniAniWeb and now want to start creating accounts, this is a simple guide on how to do that.
Setting up the System
Accounts are managed through e-mails, so you need to set up the server to work with an e-mail sender.
This should have you set up, so that others can create new accounts on your system.
- Go to the admin tool (http://localhost/admin).
- In the left-hand column, click on refs. This will take you to changing the values for the refs package, the base of all swikis and anis.
- At the top, click on the Settings button. This will take you to the settings for the refs package.
- Change the values of alertSender and alertServer to correspond to your e-mail settings.
Creating a new account
- Go to an AniAniWeb on the machine (i.e., your server) where you want to set up an account.
- Click on the sign-in button on the top right. (If you see an account button instead, click on that and then the sign-out button)
- On the "Sign-in to AniAniWeb" page, follow the directions in "Register as a New User" to create a new account with your e-mail address. An initial password will be mailed to you.
Assigning a User to be an Owner of an AniAniWeb
There are two ways to do this. First, you can do it when you create a new AniAniWeb:
Secondly, you can add users to be owners of already created AniAniWebs:
- Go to the admin tool.
- At the top, click on the Create button. This will take you to the "Create a New Swiki" page.
- Chose a new name for the Ani and select the Parent to be ani. In the owner field, put the name of the user that you want to be owner of this site. Alternatively, you can use their e-mail address. Click the create new Swiki button.
Alternatively, if you are the owner of a site, you can add others to be owners of your site:
- Go to the admin tool.
- At the top, click on the Users button. This will take you to the "Users for the Site" page.
- Click on the user you want to give new ownership to.
- Under Ownership, change the Owner of... setting to reflect the new ownership. You can also reassign the Home of that user. Click on update ownership button.
- Edit a page.
- In the left-hand column, click on the User Group link. This will take you to the "Manage Groups" page.
- At the bottom of this page, in the Owners of this AniAniWeb section, insert the e-mail address for the user you want to add as owner (Note: This has to be an existing user). Click on the update button.
Last modified 6 June 2007 at 2:35 pm by Jochen Rick