How to apply?
We are planning to host two separate teacher cohorts: one at Georgia Tech or a local institution for HS and UG CS teachers, another at Southern Polytechnic State University for HS CS teachers. We will be accepting around 10 participants for each cohort. To be eligible for a place in the DCCE, you must be teaching an introductory programming course or AP-CS course in 2010-2011 academic year.
Send an e-mail to Lijun at email@example.com, and please include the following contact information in your email: your name, e-mail address, the name of your school, a paper-mail address and phone number.
In your email, please also offer the following information:
- Your name, e-mail address, the name of your school, a mailing address, and phone number.
- What classes do you teach this year?
- How long have you been a teacher? How long have you been teaching computing courses?
- Which cohort would you prefer to attend, the HS-UG teacher cohort or the HS teacher one?
- What do you find hard or challenging about teaching introductory computing?
- What do you hope to get out of participating in this project?
- We are willing to move the HS-UG teacher cohort to a local institution from Georgia Tech to accommodate the majority of the participants. Do you have a preference for the meeting location?
- Are there any periods which you know would cause problems for attending a monthly meeting? (e.g. are you going to be away, or at a conference?). Is there anything else about scheduling we should know about?
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
Deadline for applications is Friday, August 27, 2010. Applicants will be notified by Friday, September 3, 2010.