|Note: Some of these dates are tentative at this time.|
Past workshops info – no new ones planned at this time: see http://home.cc.gatech.edu/gacomputes and http://mediacomputation.org.
- Nov 3: SIGCSE Board meeting in Chicago
- Nov 8: Speak at CS Teachers' Conference in Orlando
- Nov 28: Speak at NASA Goddard
- Nov 30: Speak in CSAIL HCI Speaker Series at MIT
- Dec 5-6: Visit Stanford
- Dec 10: Speak at Tufts
- Jan 13-16: CE21/BPC PI Meeting
- Jan 17-21: Daughter sings at Carnegie Hall (Probably won't go though :-(
- Jan 24-25: Visit Arizona to advise for E2Textiles project (I think that this isn't happening now, but not sure)
- Jan 29-Feb 2: Visit Indiana
- Feb 11-12: CCC MOOC Workshop in DC
- Feb 29 or 26: Speak at HCIL at U. Maryland College Park
- March 6-10: SIGCSE 2013 (Denver)
- March 21-22: Forward (vs. Retreat) for School of IC
- April 10: Speak at West Point
- May 20-22: NCWIT Summit in Tucson, AZ
- June 29-July 3: Hope to be at ITICSE in Canterbury
- July 14-17: CS&IT: ECEP on Day One
- Aug 12-14: ICER 2013 in San Diego
- Oct 12-14: Wedding in Colorado
- Oct 23-25: GVU-20 festivitieis
- October 6-9: Wedding in California
- October 15-16: SIGCSE Board meeting
- October 18: Giving DLS talk at Rutgers
- October 28: Giving talk at DePaul University
- Nov 2-9: Florence, IT for Barb's 50th
- November 14-26: Giving talks at conferences in Melbourne, Adelaide, and Sydney, Australia.
- Jan 4-8: Running Walt Disney World Half Marathon
- Jan 18-20: Keynote at C5 conference in LA
- Feb 28-March 3: SIGCSE 2011 in Raleigh, NC
- May 4-5: WCCE (Western Canada Computing Education) invited talk
- May 22-24: NCWIT Summit in Chicago
- August 7-9: ICER 2011
- August 29-31: Purdue for Science of Information Center meeting
- September 8: Richard Ladner visiting for Capacity-Building Institute
- Sept 15-17: ACM Ed Council meeting
- May 20-22: Mexico City
- May 23-25: NCWIT Summit in NYC
- June 3-7: San Jose, California for ACM Awards Ceremony
- June 15-20: In Michigan for family wedding
- June 26-30: Keynote at ITICSE in Darmstadt, Germany
- July 5: Speak at Tenn Tech "Tapestry" event http://www.ttutapestry.org
- July 17 and July 22: Dropping off and picking up from Space Camp
- March 4: Colloquium Talk at U. Georgia
- March 9-12: SIGCSE 2011
- March 20-22: CMU
- March 23-24: NSF Panel
March 26: Workshop at Armstrong Atlantic
- April 7-10: AERA
- April 25-26: CECC Launch Meeting
- April 29-30: NSF Pre-AP course meeting
- Nov 1-10: Chinese SIGCSE-like conference. 5th University Course Forum of Computer Science (UCFCS)
- Nov 22-23: DLS at U. Toronto
- Dec 1-2: NSF BPC-A PI Meeting
- Dec 2-4: DLS at Virginia Tech
- Dec 8-12: Microsoft, CECC, and ACM Ed Board in Redmond
- Jan 30-Feb2: CE21/BPC/CPATH Community Meeting in New Orleans
- June 29-July 2: Invited talk at ICLS 2010 in Chicago
- July 5-6: Workshop at TCNJ
- July 7-9: Workshop at Virginia Tech
July 10: Chicago MediaComp Workshop
July 12-13: Microsoft Research Faculty Summit
- July 13, Keynote for first Educational Applications of AI Symposium EAAI-10
- July 19-21: NSF Site Review Team
July 22: Orlando MediaComp Workshop
- Aug 8-10: Attending ICER 2010
- Aug. 14: Possible Georgia Computes! Workshop at Southern Polytechnic State University.
- Aug 24-26: Higher Education Academy talk on CS Education at University of Durham, UK
- Sept 24-25: Invited speaker at CCSC:MW 2010 at Franklin College, Indianapolis
- Sept 28-Oct 2: Grace Hopper Conference (in Atlanta!)
- May 3-7: ACM Ed Board meeting and Education Summit with ACM India and Qatar University, in Qatar
- May 12: Georgia Computes! Workshop at Southern Polytechnic State University.
- May 13-15: NSF CPATH Site Visit (they're coming here, but we'll probably be busy with them.)
May 18-20: NCWIT Meeting in Portland
- June 1-10: Family trip to Hawaii to celebrate my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary and our 25th Wedding Anniversary
- June 14-18: Massachusetts Workshops: June 14-15 in Amherst, June 16-18 at Suffolk University.
- June 21-22: ACM Ed Council meeting at Berkeley
June 28: Possible workshop in Philly
- June 29-July 2: Invited talk at ICLS 2010 in Chicago
- April 5-9: Kids' Spring Break. Will probably spend some time with them in Florida.
- Feb 1-2: NSF BPC PI's meeting in LA
- Feb 7-8: Site Review at Haverford and Bryn Mawr Colleges (Philly)
- Feb 13-15: Family ski vacation
- Feb 27-28: APCS Commission And Advisory Group Meeting (here in Atlanta, but at a hotel and virtually gone)
- March 9-14: SIGCSE 2010 in Milwaukee
- March 22-26: GT Spring Break
- Furlough Day Monday 3/22
- Visiting U. Kentucky, Lexington on 3/24
- NSF CPATH PI's meeting in Arlington 3/25-26
- Jan 29-31: APCS Commission Meeting (here in Atlanta, but at a hotel and virtually gone)
- Sept. 11-13: APCS Commission Meeting
- Sept. 25-26: ACM Ed Council in Vancouver, BC
- Oct 3-12: SIGCSE 2010 APC Meta Reviewing (I'll be in, but super-busy)
- Nov. 2-7: At Informatics Education Europe, keynote.
- July 12-15: Microsoft Faculty Summit
- July 29-31: Kansas City MediaComp Workshop
- August 1-2: APCS Commission Meeting
- August 3-7: Teaching workshops in Atlanta
- June 1-2: Workshop at Wayne State University in Detroit
- June 16-18: APCS Commission Meeting
- June 25-26: ACM Ed Board sponsored "Future of Computing Education Summit" in Washington, DC
- June 29-July 1: At U. Maryland College Park for event on their new UG degree in Computing Education.
- April 5-11: Kid's Spring Break
- April 27-29: Site review team for NSF Center
- May 4: BPC Meeting on CS AP at DC Google Office
- May 7-8, TTI Vanguard event on Learning
- May 26-28: Workshop at Harvey Mudd (I'll be there May 23-30)
- March 1-9: SIGCSE 2009!!! (I'm co-chair.)
- March 16: GT Spring Break, and I'm really taking it off.
- March 20: Talk at Old Dominion University
- March 23: ACM Ed Board meeting at Bentley University
- Jan 15-28: Keynote at Australasian Computing Education conference ( workshop Jan 18-19, keynote 20).
- Feb 9-10: BPC Conference
- Feb 13: Boston planning meeting for RAGS conference
- Feb 20-22: Family skiing vacation
- Dec 11-12: ACM Education Council meeting in San Diego.
- Oct 3-5: To Detroit for Grandma's 90th
- Oct 6: Talk at Wayne State
- Oct 14-18: SIGCSE 2009 Program Committee meeting in Chattanooga
- Oct 22: The Annual Sherwood Ebey Mathematics Lecture at the University of the South
- Oct 24-25: College Board and NSF in Chicago
- Nov 5-7: NCWIT Meeting at Irvine
- Nov 10 (morning): Present at SEES
- Nov 12-14: NSF CPATH PI's meeting in DC
- Nov 14-15: ACM Ed Board meeting in DC
- June 29-July 3: "Vacation"
- July 7-9: MediaComp Workshop in Boston (actually, Microsoft facility in Waltham)
- July 10-11: First Courses Workshop at Amherst
- July 14-15: Snowbird
- July 26-30: Microsoft Faculty Summit (while Barb is teaching July 27-31 in Las Vegas.)
- August 3-9: "Vacation"
- Aug 10-13: Alice + MediaComp Workshop in Orlando (most likely, this will be Barbara only – despite my fondness for Imagineered theme parks...)
- Aug 14-16: SIGCSE 2009 Logistics Meeting in Chattanooga
- June 1-4: Teach in Sweden (Fly back on 5th, sleep on 6th)
- June 8-14: "Vacation" – working at home on SIGCSE 2009 and 2nd edition of book
- June 23-25: MediaComp Workshop in Chicago
- June 29-July 5: "Vacation"
- April 7-11: Taking week off (Kids have Spring Break)
- April 25-26: ACM Ed Council meeting in Boston.
- May 7-9: CSE@50 at the University of Michigan
- May 19-23: MediaComp and First Courses workshops at Georgia Tech
- May 25-31: Vacationing in Sweden
- Feb 1: Keynote talk for Georgia Technical Colleges at Griffin
- Feb 14-18: Kids off school, going on a cruise.
- Feb 21-22: AACCD Meeting at Macon State
- Feb 28-March 3: Microsoft Academic Days on Game Development Conference
- March 11-16: SIGCSE 2008 in Portland!
- May 28: Banquet Speaker at ACM SE 2008 in Auburn
- Nov 6-7: Barb's Birthday and NCWIT Meeting in Seattle
- Nov. 8: Distinguished Lecture Speech at U. British-Columbia.
- Nov. 16-17: Liberal Arts and Computer Science Symposium in Charleston (I keynote!)
- Dec 13-14 ACM Ed Board meeting
- Aug 21-24 (T-F): Apple Hill Learning Lab
- Sept. 1-3: Family Camping at Girl Scouts' Misty Mountain.
- Sept. 7-9: SIGCSE Program Weekend (here in Atlanta, but virtually gone)
- Sept. 14-16: ICER 2007 (here in Atlanta, but virtually gone)
- Sept. 24-25: NCAA Recertification visit (here in Atlanta, but virtually gone)
- Sept. 28-30: Camping with Katie at the Girl Scouts Mountain Jubilee
- Oct 16-21: SIGCSE 2008 Program Committee meeting in Portland
- May 11-12 (F-S): First Courses Workshop (here in Atlanta, but virtually gone)
- May 14-17 (M-Th): BPC and NCWIT meetings
- May 28-June 2 (Tuesday-Sat: U. Aarhus for Caspersen defense
- June 11-13 (M-W): Media Computation workshop (here in Atlanta, but virtually gone)
- June 21-22 (Th-F): May be on NSF Review Panel
- June 28 (Th): Speaking at CSIT Conference (here in Atlanta, but virtually gone)
- July 4-8 (Wed-Sun): Running the Peachtree! Then vacation with my family.
- July 16-19 (Mon-Th): First Courses Workshop at Georgia Southern
- July 25-28 (Wed-F): Google Faculty Summit
- Feb 8-9: AACCD Meeting
- Feb 20: Speak at Wake Forest
- Feb 27: Speak at Georgia Perimeter College
- Feb 28-March 1: NSF SoD PI Meeting
- March 2: New Face of Computing Symposium
- March 6-11: SIGCSE 2007 in Northern Kentucky.
- March 19-23: SPRING BREAK
- Oct 5-6: Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference in San Diego – http://www.gracehopper.org/
- Oct 15-22: Out all week! First half of the week: University Leadership Program. Second half of the week: SIGCSE 2007 Program Committee.
- Nov. 15-17: NCWIT (it's here, but it'll be as if I'm gone)
- Dec. 18-20: Workshop in Blekinge, Sweden (BTH).
- Sept. 9-10: ICER 2006 at University of Kent at Canterbury
June 2006 to August 2006
- Teaching at Worcester College, Oxford University, UK. Starting June 26 and ending August 8.
- I'll be teaching CS1316
- With Richard Catrambone, we'll be teaching Computational Freakonomics – the methods from Levitt and Dunber's Freakonomics: A rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything and computational tools for implementing those methods.
- March 31, Florida State University College of Information research colloquia.
- Feb. 28-March 1-5, SIGCSE (Program at http://db.grinnell.edu/sigcse/sigcse2006/Program/Program.asp)
- I'm co-chairing the Doctoral Consortium, starting with dinner Tuesday Feb. 28 and all day Wednesday March 1
- Workshop Multimedia Projects for CS1 and CS2 with Barbara Ericson. Workshops 1-11 which will be held on Wednesday, March 1, 2006,between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM in Room 346 A and B.
- Thursday at 10, I'm meeting with Richard Anderson and Sally Fincher.
- I'm going to demonstrate Media Computation at the Prentice-Hall booth Thursday 12-12:30.
- Meeting with Sue Fitzgerald 1-2 pm Thursday, my co-chair for SIGCSE 2008 Program and 2009 Conference.
- Barbara Ericson will demonstrate Media Computation at the P-H booth Friday 10-10:30.
- Friday lunch 12-2 for the Addison-Wesley Computer Science Advisory Board
- Friday 3:15 pm meeting with Alan Apt of McGraw-Hill
- Special Session Successful Approaches to Teaching Introductory Computer Science Courses with Python Scheduled for Friday, March 3, 2006 between 4:00 PM and 5:15 PM in Room Grand Ballroom L.
- Friday night: Emerging Robotics Resources in Undergraduate CS 340AB Workshop 7-10 pm
- Saturday morning 7:30-8:30: Breakfast with Tracy Dunkelberger of Prentice-Hall.
- Saturday at 10:10 – meet with Pete Henderson of Butler.
- Feb 9-10, at Georgia Southern University, University System of Georgia, Academic Advisory Committee on Computing Disciplines (AACCD). I'm the incoming chair.
- Jan 4-6, Prentice-Hall National Sales Meeting in Orlando, FL.
- Nov 17-18, meetings of the NCWIT Academic Alliance, at CMU, hosted by Lenore Blum.
- Nov 19-23, family trip to Disney World
- Oct 25, Visiting Georgia Southwestern State University
- Apple Hill Learning Lab Aug. 24-27
- Sept. 3-6, Family Vacation
- Sept. 22, University of Central Florida
- Oct. 18: National Science Foundation visit
- Oct 29 and 30, Dennison University
- Nov. 13-20: Taking a cruise to Mexico!
- Nov. 24-28: Going to Michigan for Thanksgiving
- Dec. 2: Ohio State University
- Feb 3-4, University System of Georgia Academic Advisory Committee on Computing Disciplines meeting, at GPC.
- Feb 16-18, NSF PI's meeting for (now defunct) Educational Innovations program.
- SIGCSE Conference, Feb. 23-27. Need to leave by Feb 22 for dinner.
- April 6-8, Visiting family in Florida.
- May 24-25, meetings of the NCWIT Academic Alliance, in Boulder.
- July 6, Hope College
- July 8, Bowling Green State University
- Aug. 23-26, Attending Apple Hill Learning Lab, focus on $100 Laptop project.
Last modified 27 November 2012 at 1:55 pm by Mark Guzdial