Selecting PicoBoard COM portInstall the windows driver for the PicoBoard from http://www.picocricket.com/picoboardsetupUSB.html. Then attach the PicoBoard USB cable to your computer with Scratch running. If the lights don't come on near the slider on the PicoBoard then do the following:
1) Click on the sensing category and then look for the "slider sensor value" block on the left. Right click on it and select "show ScratchBoard watcher". This will display all the values for the sensors on the PicoBoard.
2) Connect the USB cable to your computer and see what COM port it says it is connected to.
3) Right click on the display of the PicoBoard values and click on "select serial/USB port"
4) Click on the COM port number that was displayed when you attached the USB cable to your computer
5) Now move the slider and the values should vary between 0 and 100.
If you are still having problems try unplugging the PicoBoard and plug it back in. Try restarting Scratch too. If that doesn't work try restarting your computer.
Last modified 24 February 2012 at 3:50 pm by ericson