Grandma's Poppy Seed Pie
|250 g||Poppy seeds (ground)|
|50 g||Grits (ground)|
|50 g|| Raisins|
|1||Pie crust (pre-baked)|
- Soak raisins in rum for about 1 hour.
- Grind the poppy seeds and the grits.
- In a pot, mix poppy seeds, grits, sugar, milk, and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Whisk one egg until it is foamy and integrate into the custard.
- Add raisins and rum.
- Fill into pie shell and bake for 30 minutes at 375 F
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- [optional] Add a sugar and rum glaze
Note: A drug test may indicate a false positive after consuming some of this pie.