Citrus / Chicory Salad
- 2–3 Grapefruits
- 3 Oranges or 6 Clementines
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 2–3 Chicory (i.e., Belgian Endives)
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- Remove the flesh from the grapefruits and add into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and sugar. Stir.
- Cut out the bitter core of the chicory and cut into 1 cm strips. Add to bowl.
- Peel the oranges and divide them into slices. Cut each slice into 6 pieces, removing any seeds. If you are using clementines, four pieces should be right. Add to bowl.
- Remove the arils (i.e., the red seeds) from the pomegranate. This is best done in a bowl with the pomegranate submerged in water; otherwise, pomegranate juice tends to get everywhere and it stains everything. Add half to the bowl.
- Stir and wait 2 hours (to let the citrus break down the chicory a bit) to serve.