Eggshell #1 is a short play (about 1 hour) that was written using improv techniques by a group of people at DramaTech Theatre. Directed by Jochen "Je77" Rick and Stuart Pieloch, it was performed at DT's open house show in 1995. It's a show about the creation of the chicken and the egg. It's extremely geeky, so the Georgia Tech crowd really enjoyed it.
Cast of Characters
- Al, the Physicist (Wes Schrader): Nerd. All of the stereotypical Nerd qualities exemplify Al. He's also very anal about a lot of things. His name is obviously from Albert Einstein.
- Neil, the Chemist (Charles Loflin): Mad Scientist. A little bit on the strange and dangerous side. His name is from Neils Bohr.
- Lou, the Biologist (Matt Bell): Stoned Hippie. He cares a lot about what has been created and doesn't back down to anyone. His name is from Lucifer (That's why he is sent to Heck.).
- Fifi, the Artist (Willena Moye): Artsy Fartsy. Speaks with a French accent and is very concerned with making things "fadge ".
- Matthew, the Manager (Chad Patterson): Know-nothing Manager. Matthew is very goal oriented. He doesn't fully grasp anything, but occassionally comes up with brilliant ideas. Quick to suck up to God.
- God (Danny DiPasqualle): Big-Booming-Voice God.
- Bert (Danny DiPasqualle): New York wat-de-matter-wit-u guy. The messenger from Al to Neil. Get it. AlBert Einstein.
- Bubba (Danny DiPasqualle): Big time stoner. Lou's assistant.
- Raul (Danny DiPasqualle): Flaming-gay artsy person. Him and Fifi are cut from the same fabric.
- Boy (Joshua Bardwell): 8 years old. Should be dressed in really tacky Hawaiian shirt.
Here are just some suggestions on the direction of the play. This is the way it was originally staged:
- Fifi and Raul are in love with Matthew. He does not return their affections.
- The stage is blank. The floor was painted with some strange symbols. There was an area behind a scrim where God is; this area could be shown or hidden by lighting. The only set was a table for the meeting scenes, and Neil's lab bench.
- God, Bert, Bubba, and Raul were played by the same actor. Boy could have been played by the same actor.
- Firmament and Fifi were played by the same actress.
- Kool-Aid needs to be refridgerated to stay edible.
- Most of the actors really hammed up their parts. Every character was made super-stereotypical.
Permission is given for anyone to make copies of this play as long as they are not being sold for a profit.
Permission is given for anyone to perform this play as long as these guidelines are met:
Also, please try to get in contact with one of us to let us know that the play is being performed somewhere. Thanks.
- Some credit must be given to DramaTech Theatre on all advertisements.
- In no smaller font than any actor's name, the program must give some credit to Stuart Pieloch, Je77 Rick, Joshua Bardwell, Matt Bell, Danny DiPasqualle, Charles Loflin, Willena Moye, Chad Patterson & Wes Schrader.
- Changes can be made to the play, but no credit should be given for those changes to any of the writers above.