1) Create a sustainable informal learning environment and community for middle school learners to explore science and scientific reasoning in the context of everyday activities.
- Sustainable in the sense that it persists in community even when the researchers are no longer studying the environment by
- Creating a collaboration between local middle schools and outreach programs (e.g., YWCA, CEISMC)to provide informal learning opportunities for middle school students
2) Create a cross university collaboration between researchers at Emory (Graduate School of Education), University of Georgia , and Georgia Institute of Technology (College of Computing’s School of Interactive Computing).
- to provide Pre-service teacher science education training